Read and analyze the board exam syllabus carefully. Divide the time for each subject. Analysis of previous year’s paper. Prepare short notes for fast revision. Take a mock test once or twice a month. Ask teachers for any doubt or problem. Take enough sleep. eat healthy. Stay away from disturbing elements and people. Always remember don’t break the flow of study.
Once again we are approaching the month of March. For some students brings a spine-chilling nightmare of the so-called “Board Exams”. Every student irrespective of his or her preparation and strategy feels tremendous pressure and anxiety of scoring well in exams.
Pertaining to that we are here to provide you with the best exam preparation strategy. So that you can ace the exams with flying colors.
But before going into the detailed plan we would like to discuss the importance of the board exams. So that you can get a glimpse of why you have to score good marks.
what are the benefits of board exam
Recently the Indian Express published a report in which they traced down the board toppers of the previous 20 years. What they found in this report is very inspirational. “More than half the toppers live overseas today, the US being the destination of choice. Most are in science and technology with IITs their most favored undergraduate pit-stop”.
Hence, we see that almost all the toppers settled somewhere around the world. They have a life of dignity and prosperity.
And evidently, if you’re preparing for class 10th Board Exams you must score well to get your preferred stream. For 12th class board aspirants it’s a very simple rule; score well and get a good college.
Finally, coming to the preparation strategy which is a decisive factor in acing the exam.
how to study for board exams
- what should be the timetable of a student: Ever wondered why schools and colleges have timetables instead of random classes? The answer is very simple; it provides a systematic way to study the subjects efficiently. So it becomes imperative for us to make a study timetable and stick to it. There are a few things which must consider before creating a timetable which is as follows:-
- Flexibility: It is not viable to follow a fixed timetable every day. Rather one should decide what and how much she is going to study every day in the morning.
- how to do time management in exam : Divide time for each subject separately and prudently. It means you should dedicate more time to scoring subjects like Mathematics and Science.
how to read ncert books
First, read your NCERT textbooks, the paper is going to come from that only. Yes, these textbooks are sometimes difficult to understand. it wrote in a very concise format. This is the way forward if you read the book 2-3 times you would be able to grasp everything. You don’t forget to solve the exercise questions because very often the same question comes in the exam without much modification. After that, you can refer to the other reference books which will help you to gain a deeper understanding of the subject.
- how to prepare notes for exam : Always sit with pen and paper while watching a lecture or reading a book, prepare your notes, it will help you in revising the subject later. Not everything written in the book is going to appear in the exams, you have to write only the important facts and formulae in your notes.
- previous year question paper: Solving the past year papers is the best thing you can do to achieve optimal marks in your board exams. First, you will be introduced to the pattern and the type of questions that appear in the examination. Second, you can interpret what topics are of utmost importance and what can be ignored(leaving a topic is not a good idea, it’s only advisable in the shortage of time). Third, in the board exams sometimes questions get repeated so if you are lucky you may encounter the same question in your exam as in the previous year’s paper.
- how to take mock test: Mock test or practice test is a very efficient way to know how good your preparation is and where you need to focus and as it will be based on your current pattern and syllabus, you’ll get a taste of the exam and also the time management during the exam.
- how to revise for exams: It would be impractical to expect you to remember everything which you have studied in the whole academic year, so it becomes extremely crucial for a student to revise everything before taking the board exam. Revise from the notes which you have prepared while studying the textbooks as the notes written in your own handwriting will help you to remember it decently and If you haven’t prepared any notes then you can search it on the internet or even ask your teacher.
best study tips for board exams
- exercise for students at home: Exercise daily for at least 10 minutes, preferably in the morning. This will help your body and mind to remain active for a longer period.
- what is the healthy diet for students: Eating balanced food will help you to study very efficiently, and you have to be fit to take the exam so that you can utilize your full potential and fetch good marks.
- Use Technology: You can always refer to online sources whenever you didn’t understand something. For Mathematics and Physics, a lot of graphing utilities are available online which will help you understand the topics which are difficult to visualize.
- Talk to your Teachers: Always talk to your teachers in case you need any guidance or facing difficulty in something. They are here to help you only.
- Pomodoro Technique: Do you know the attention span of humans has decreased drastically in due time? Thus, it is advised to study in short time formats and then take a very short break which eventually helps your mind to retain the concepts.
For example, study for 30 minutes and then take a 5 minutes break, you can repeat this process multiple times.
- Topper’s answer sheet: It would be a great idea to see how the topper of the previous year’s exam has written the answers so that you can get an idea of the presentation of answers.
- board topper interview: You might have always wondered what strategy these students used to top the exam, now you don’t need to guess it there are several sources where you can watch their interview to know how they prepared.
what are the best methods of revision:
You already know the importance of revision, but you might not be aware of the best revision technique. It’s not something very fancy but just keep these things in mind
- You have to fix a specific time(for most of us early morning would be the high time). Revise each topic once in a week and thrice in a month.
- Form short questions or MCQs that can be asked in the exam.
- benefits of getting enough sleep for students: Your body requires at least 6-8 hours of sleep. Don’t try to bypass this rule, always have a decent sleep. It is essential for the proper functioning of your body and mind.
- Be Confident and Optimistic: This is just an exam, and you have taken plenty of exams in your life till now. Be confident and believe in what you have studied. Don’t worry this is going to be very easy if you have adhered to the strategy mentioned above.