At GharPeshiksha.com, We are committed to providing you with the student leads based on your membership plan and preference mentioned. We look for potential student clients and share their contact details with the teacher who meets their requirements and locality. Our job ends as soon as we share the details of the student. From that point, It totally depends on the mutual agreement between the concerned tutor and the student. It is up to the tutor if they are able to convince the parent that they could actually bring positive changes in their child if they hire them as their teacher.
However, we also understand our responsibility as an educational company and do our best to guide our teachers to make the best use of their student leads. We want their goal, of teaching and adding good values in children to create a better society, to be conquered. And for that to happen, teachers need to convert their student leads to their clients. Therefore here we are presenting you with some tips on, “How do I can get a new student client from the student leads?”
- Knowing your student:- First of all, you need to identify the kind of student you are going to teach. Gather as much information as you can from their profile or you may directly ask for more details like the age of the student, the reason for learning, their child’s current academic performance, where do they live, and what price they are willing to pay. Knowing about the background and needs of the student may help you in evaluating their requirements and how you can assist them in meeting their goals.
- The first impression:- I am not completely with the argument that, “The first impression is the last impression”. I believe that the first impression may change as you work with them. If your first impression was not that good but you show your capabilities while working. Then it may improve and vice-versa. But the first impression is crucial in impressing the parent. Therefore, follow basic etiquettes like greeting before starting a conversation, be calm and relaxed while answering their queries, avoid interrupting when speaking, and asking for permission if you need to hold the conversation for a while. These basic etiquettes may help you develop a good impression on the parent.
- Describing your expertise:- Every parent wants a teacher who is well educated and holds expertise in the subjects required. Therefore, in order to make the parent believe that you have enough knowledge and expertise and it will be beneficial for the child, It is essential for the teacher to describe their educational qualifications and experience of teaching. Tell them about your academic achievements and about your skills which can be useful for the child.
- Schedule a Demo class:- After that, you have managed to convince the parent that you are a teacher who can help their child grow in academics as well as in developing moral education. It’s time to take a step closer to converting from a potential student client to a student client. And for that, the parent needs to be fully insured with your teaching methods. Therefore it is the right time that you may offer a demo class to the parent so that they can approve your teaching techniques. Based on your experience, if they offer for a paid demo class you may accept it else it is not advised to charge for the demo classes.
- Negotiation:- Once the demo class is completed and parents are willing to hire you for their child’s education. It is time to talk about your fees. But before discussing the amount with the parent, we request you to please go through our website where we have made the required market research to ascertain the market price charged by the teachers based on their experience and knowledge. It will give you an idea of how much you should charge for the classes provided. You should not demand much more than the average price nor below the market rates. In this way, you will be in a good position to negotiate with the parent and most likely they could agree with your fees demanded.
As we discussed above, “what are the things you should be doing”. In addition to that, we also present you with some tips about, “what are the things that you should avoid doing”.
- The art of listening:- We often tend to underestimate the art of listening. Listening is an important factor while having a conversation. Try to listen to understand not to just respond. Answer all of the queries that parents may ask. If you could understand their problems, you might be able to assist them better. Therefore, Listen to understand and do not try to answer more than that is asked.
- Overconfidence:- There is a very thin line between being confident about something or being overconfident. Understand the difference and approach for the conversation with confidence. Do not show off about your knowledge and answer only as much as asked.
- Casual attitude:- Remember that education is a business and you are offering a service of teaching. The parent you are interacting with is your potential client. To maintain your professional attitude and do not show any sign of casual attitude.
- Ignorance:- Keep yourself updated about the new teaching methods and make your plans ready on how you are going to guide the student in their academic journey as well as in ethical education. Do not approach the conversation without knowing about the child’s current academic performance. Always present yourself as ready to start teaching.
- Irritation:- Upon scheduling a demo class, when you start teaching the student, some students might not show interest in studying or some other behavior that may irritate you or trigger your anger. In that case, it is advised to never show your irritation and try to remain calm. Your rude behavior may affect your image as a teacher.
To conclude with, There is no written rules or way that can give a guarantee to your success but following a well researched and prepared plan of action may surely help you do better and provide you with an advantage over those who are just shooting an arrow in the dark. Even if you somehow missed an opportunity to convert the potential client student leads into a client student, there is nothing to worry about. Take that experience and learn from your mistakes and apply your learnings to the forthcoming opportunity. It is possible that sometimes you may have to reject a student lead as it is not at par with your expectations, but even in that situation, you should not lose the hope of getting something better.
GharPeShiksha is ready to provide you with more and more opportunities, to share your knowledge, based on your membership plan.