How to convert demo classes into home tuition?
As a fresher in the teaching industry, be it online tutoring or online home tuition it is
extremely important to know how to convert every opportunity in the form of demo
classes to well-paying tuition jobs. The most effective strategy to ensure your selection
is to teach well. Teaching is an incredibly important and rewarding job, and it is essential
that teachers have the skills and knowledge to ensure their students are learning
effectively. In order to be a great teacher and convert the demo classes into home
tuition, there are certain strategies and techniques that can be used to ensure your
students have the best experience possible which in turn ensures your teaching job.
Practical Steps to Deliver an Amazing Demo Lecture
● Prepare your subject well: A knowledgeable educator puts a lasting impression
on students. You can prepare any chapter that you think you can explain
thoroughly without hesitation. You can sharpen your subject knowledge by taking
online tuition classes.
● Make students feel comfortable: While you are demonstrating your first demo
lecture students must not feel uncomfortable. You should use relatable and
simple words to explain your concept.
Pro Tip: Relax your students with a bit of humor. You can add humor to your explanation
at certain points to engage your students.
● Dress Well: Be in presentable attire to show your professionalism.
● Greet them: Start by greeting them with a pleasant and friendly smile.
● Know their Current Problem: Inquire about a student’s current educational status, for instance, marks in previous tests, understanding of concepts, etc.
● Know their expectation: Try to know what they expect from you, whether they want to study rigorously by understanding every concept or they just want passing marks.
● Assure them about their expectation: Assure them that you will fulfill their expectations and the way you are going to do it.
● Always be on time: Be punctual. Set a demo class timing by consulting them 1 or 2 weeks before the class.
● Know their budget before quoting any fee: Fees will be according to their budget and status, don’t ask for an unreasonable amount of fees which is not as per market standard, try to fix the class and after some time you may ask for a hike in your way if the results are as per their expectation.
● Be flexible about the course structure: Adjust yourself according to students’ or parents’ demands about the course, teaching method, fees, timings, etc.
● Provide previous references: Tell them about your results and references of students so that they can relate and finalize.
● Show your qualification and experience: Tell them about the qualification, experience, and things that matter to them, do not show irrelevant experiences like currently doing a job somewhere or doing a study this will give a negative image in their mind and they may lose interest if they found you are not a full-time teacher, tell about only teaching experiences.
● Don’t talk much about fees: Focus on student improvement, talk mainly about teaching, student problem, how you will teach and improve, and quote fees only one time.
● Ignore phone calls and personal work: you should not do any personal work during class otherwise they probably will not select you.
● Be Modest: Try not to prove to the students that you know everything. You
should look relatable and students must be able to connect to you.
● Do not Talk about Fees: You should not talk about fees and payment in the very
first lecture itself.
● Keep the Lecture Interactive: Keep asking simple and interesting questions
throughout the lecture and get students to answer those questions confidently.
● Prepare Notes: Prepare your lecture well before delivering ensuring that you do
not miss anything and do not get nervous.
A Few More Tips
1. Be open to feedback: Gathering feedback from your students can help you identify
areas that need improvement and areas that are working well. Consider asking for
feedback after each lesson and using it to make changes or improvements in your
2. Use different teaching styles: Different students learn in different ways, so it is
important to utilize different teaching styles to reach all students. Consider using visual
aids, demonstrations, and hands-on activities to keep students interested. Use tools and
gadgets available to you for imparting a better understanding of the subject. Online
tutoring platforms help you enhance your knowledge of such tools.
3. Be organized: Planning ahead and being organized will help you stay on track and
ensure that you cover all of the necessary material. Consider creating a detailed lesson
plan and making sure your materials are prepared before each class.
4. Be patient: Teaching can be challenging, and it is important to remember to be
patient with your students. Consider using positive reinforcement to encourage students
to keep trying and to celebrate their successes.
By following these tips you can surely convert demo classes to home tuition jobs. For
the best online tutoring sites, you can visit GharPeShiksha.com. GharPeShiksha
provides the best online tutoring services that can help you learn and earn at the
same time. No need to search for online tuition classes near me. Visit